McIlroy: Wozniacki has potential as a golfer
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Nov 26, 2011 8:05 PM ET
Caroline Wozniacki, world No. 1 tennis player and Rory McIlroy's girlfriend, apparently has some potential as a golfer.
McIlroy has spent a little time teaching her how to play.
"[S]he hit a few balls last week in Dubai, and she's got quite a lot of potential," he said Saturday at the World Cup. "So, it's fun. It's fun to see someone close to you sort of improve and get better."
The U.S. Open champion had Titleist make a set of clubs for Wozniacki, including embossing the wedges with the couple's name, "Wozzilroy."
As for his progress as a tennis player, the Ulsterman says he is as not as quick a study.
"She has definitely more potential at golf than I do at tennis," he said.
"It's something I want to try and improve. But, you know, I'll let her stick to the tennis and I'll stick to the golf."
Tags: Rory McIlroy
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots