But he was far from the only player who left East Lake with a significantly padded bank account.
Rory McIlroy, who won two playoff events totaling $2.88 million, finished second in FedEx Cup points to earn an extra $3 million in bonus money. Third in the seasonlong points race, Tiger Woods took home an extra $2 million.
Even John Senden, at No. 30 in points, will have a little extra holiday cash this season ($175,000). By way of comparison, Stacy Lewis, who won Sunday on the LPGA tour, received a first-place check of $195,000.
For the complete payout list, click here.
Tags: FedEx Cup
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots