But he was far from the only player who left East Lake with a significantly padded bank account.
Rory McIlroy, who won two playoff events totaling $2.88 million, finished second in FedEx Cup points to earn an extra $3 million in bonus money. Third in the seasonlong points race, Tiger Woods took home an extra $2 million.
Even John Senden, at No. 30 in points, will have a little extra holiday cash this season ($175,000). By way of comparison, Stacy Lewis, who won Sunday on the LPGA tour, received a first-place check of $195,000.
For the complete payout list, click here.
Tags: FedEx Cup
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth