Monday named president of PGA Tour Canada
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 13, 2012 1:25 PM ET
Longtime tour executive Jeff Monday was promoted to president of PGA Tour Canada on Thursday.
A 24-year veteran of the Tour, Monday most recently served as the Web.com Tour’s senior vice president of tournament business affairs. He oversaw the season-long evaluation of the Canadian Professional Golf Tour in 2012 before the PGA Tour agreed to assume operational control of the circuit.
“Jeff brings a wealth of experience to his new role as president of PGA Tour Canada,” PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem said in a release. “In leading our exploratory efforts to determine our future role with the Canadian Tour, he gained extensive knowledge and understanding of the Tour and its existing tournaments, and the potential to grow professional golf in Canada. It is a natural progression for Jeff to assume this leadership position with PGA Tour Canada.”
In 2013, PGA Tour Canada will debut at least eight tournaments – each played during the summer months – with a minimum purse of $150,000. This tour will provide direct access to the Web.com Tour for its top 5 leading money winners, based on the final Order of Merit. The rest of the top 10 will be exempt into the finals of Web.com Tour qualifying school.
Sean O'Hair, who had missed the cut in nine of his previous 12 starts, beat Kris Blanks in a playoff to win the RBC Canadian Open. Read More
Nathan Green won the Canadian Open for his first PGA Tour victory. He beat Retief Goosen with a par on the second hole of a playoff in the rain-delayed tournament. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process