New world No. 1 Lewis inks deal with Omega
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 19, 2013 3:57 PM ET
Just days after becoming the new world No. 1 in the women’s game, Stacy Lewis was rewarded in a different way Tuesday with the announcement that she has signed an endorsement deal with Omega.
Lewis, 28, the reigning LPGA player of the year, won for the second time this season on Sunday with a comeback victory at the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup. With the victory, she jumped from third to first in the Rolex world rankings, supplanting Yani Tseng.
“This is such an exciting time in my career and I am proud to represent a brand that showcases determination, elegance and power – all things that I value both on and off the course,” she said in a statement.
Said Omega president Stephen Urquhart, “We are thrilled to welcome Stacy Lewis to the Omega family, where she joins a great group of some of the top players from the world of golf. Her recent surge to the top of the women’s ranking makes her an outstanding role model for professional golfers worldwide.”
Tags: Stacy Lewis
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management