ATLANTA – It wasn’t the worst lie we’ve ever seen, but it would rank in the top 10 all-time bad breaks. “Worst I’ve ever seen,” Dustin Johnson said following his opening-round 69 at the Tour Championship.
Johnson’s round could have been even better had his 6-iron carried a yard further at East Lake’s 18th hole. Instead, his ball dug deep into the lip of the bunker and Johnson was forced to take a drop and scramble for bogey.
“Couldn’t even see the ball,” Johnson smiled as he headed for the clubhouse.
Note to Karma: Put Johnson down for a make-good this week.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path