LOS ANGELES – Joe Ogilvie made the 10th hole-in-one of his life at Riviera’s 16th hole Friday.
He holed a 7-iron from 161 yards. There was no car or anything to win there.
“I haven’t won anything,” Ogilvie said of all his aces. “Maybe I can get some free financial advice.”
Northern Trust is this week's title sponsor. Ogilvie was at 2 over and fretting about missing the cut before he made the ace. He got back to even par and will play the weekend.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management