LOS ANGELES – Joe Ogilvie made the 10th hole-in-one of his life at Riviera’s 16th hole Friday.
He holed a 7-iron from 161 yards. There was no car or anything to win there.
“I haven’t won anything,” Ogilvie said of all his aces. “Maybe I can get some free financial advice.”
Northern Trust is this week's title sponsor. Ogilvie was at 2 over and fretting about missing the cut before he made the ace. He got back to even par and will play the weekend.
Midway through the marathon that is British Open qualifying, Josh Teater is poised to earn his first trip to golf’s oldest championship. Read More
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth