Poulter, who teamed with Justin Rose on Friday, also beat Woods and Stricker on Day 1, 2 and 1, and quieted the U.S. tandem of Bubba Watson and Webb Simpson, 1 up, in Saturday’s morning session. The Englishman improves his foursomes record to 4-1-0.
Davis Love III’s picks are a combined 3-4-0, with Stricker getting blanked (0-2) through three sessions and Brandt Snedeker and Jim Fruyk teaming to play the European uber-pairing of Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell to a 1-1 draw. Dustin Johnson won his only start this week in Friday fourball play, teaming with Matt Kuchar to clip Rose and Martin Kaymer, 3 and 2.
Of course, the ultimate judge of any captain is whether he wins, and Love’s side is cruising with an 8-4 lead.
Tags: Ryder Cup
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots