Park, Tseng, Lewis in tight race for Rolex POY
- By Randall Mell
- Oct 25, 2012 9:24 AM ET
Stacy Lewis leads the Player of the Year race with 184 points with Park second with 144 and Tseng third with 129. An LPGA title is worth 30 points.
With Lewis not in the field this week, Park and Tseng look like they’re trying to take full advantage. Park opened the Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship with a 7-under-par 65 at Sunrise Golf & Country Club in Yang Mei. Tseng, the world No. 1 and defending champ, is second with a 67.
Counting this week’s event in Taiwan, there are just four LPGA tournaments remaining in 2012. Lewis, Park and Tseng are all scheduled to play in next week’s Mizuno Classic in Japan, the final stop on the fall Asian swing. The tour moves to Mexico for the Lorena Ochoa Invitational the week after Japan and then back to the United States for the season finale CME Group Titleholders in Naples Nov. 15-18.
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Cochran, Perry co-lead Sr. PGA after Day 2 | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots