Play resumes after weather delay at The Barclays
- By Jason Sobel
- Aug 25, 2011 1:44 PM ET
EDISON, N.J. – The opening round of The Barclays continued after a three-hour, 16-minute weather delay on Thursday.
Play was initially suspended at 10:29 a.m. ET and Plainfield Country Club endured a rainy deluge shortly thereafter. It picked up at 1:45 p.m., with all 60 players in the morning wave still on the course.
J.J. Henry and Adam Scott were tied for the lead at the time of the delay, each 5 under through 12 and nine holes, respectively.
This likely won’t be the final weather delay for this tournament. Hurricane Irene is expected to reach this area on Sunday, which coincides with the scheduled final round.
Tags: The Barclays
On a marathon final day at the Barclays Singapore Open, Matteo Manassero holed a 15-foot eagle putt on the third playoff hole to win. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No three-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots