Player, Humana announce new partnership
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 7, 2013 1:37 PM ET
On Monday, Gary Player became a spokesman for Humana as the health-care company and nine-time major winner announced a three-year partnership to promote lifelong well-being and healthy living through proper diet and exercise.
As a result of this new deal, Player will appear at next week’s Humana Challenge, scheduled for Jan. 14-20 in La Quinta, Calif.
“I look forward to a lasting, long-term relationship with Humana and the Humana Challenge,” Player said in a release. “As a leader in the health care industry, Humana is doing a wonderful service to all those impacted by their care and health coverage. Over my 60-year golfing career, I placed great emphasis on fitness and a healthy diet and at this stage in my life, I really see the benefits of my lifelong commitment more than ever.”
At 77, Player is viewed by many as a pioneer of fitness in sports and was one of the first players to recognize the benefits of proper diet and exercise.
Said Player: “I greatly admire the efforts and commitment of Humana and President Clinton to promote lifelong well-being, and I hope to serve as a testament to the benefits of healthy living both on and off the golf course.”
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose