Players take to Twitter to comment on presidential election
- By Rex Hoggard
- Nov 7, 2012 10:13 AM ET
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Anyone who accuses PGA Tour players of being insular and disconnected either wasn’t paying attention last night as the presidential election unfolded or doesn’t have a Twitter account.
If Twitter is any indication, Tour types were more engaged than ever in the political process. GTC plucked a handful of tweets from various play-for-pay types to prove the point.
Steve Flesch: “America has spoken. Apparently being out of work and in debt is the ‘new sexy.’ Lord help us.”
Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell: “First U.S. election that I have really paid attention to. Pretty amazing machine. #politics.”
Joe Ogilvie: “Congrats to @BarackObama and Joe Biden. A well played game. Good luck and good night.”
Cristie Kerr: “Congrats to president Obama on getting re-elected. Was a tough election. I just hope Washington gets fixed and our economy gets better.”
Billy Horschel: “Bye bye Florida! Hello, Bahamas or somewhere in the Caribbean! Be back in 1,460 days!”
Paul Azinger: “I did my best to fight for an America that I believe in. Wasn’t meant to be. Hopefully the next four years Americans can find a job.”
Brian Harman: “Would honestly be OK with higher taxes if I knew it would all go to the military. Something tells me it won’t.”
And finally, this missive from Englishman Luke Donald: “Wow this is getting close. I just don’t know which way the decision will go. Will they or will they not ban the long putter!”
Funny guy that Donald.
Graeme McDowell made amends for last year's defeat to capture the Volvo World Match Play Championship on Sunday, defeating Thongchai Jaidee 2 and 1 in the final at Thracian Cliffs Golf and Beach Resor... Read More
Graeme McDowell and Lee Westwood both weighed in on Rory McIlroy's decision to leave Horizon Sports Management. Read More
- Garcia apologizes to Woods | Tee times
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management