How telling are Prez Cup practice-round pairings?
- By Rex Hoggard
- Nov 15, 2011 7:04 PM ET
MELBOURNE, Australia – For those who read tea leaves, GTC gives you Wednesday’s practice round groups at the Presidents Cup:
Steve Stricker is playing with Tiger Woods (duh?), along with Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar, who sources say will play together in Thursday’s opening foursomes session.
David Toms, Hunter Mahan, Nick Watney and Bill Hass were also paired together; while Phil Mickelson, who spent about 15 minutes with captain Fred Couples talking over possible pairings before the practice round, Bubba Watson, Jim Furyk and Webb Simpson went off in the last group.
The only lock on the International side seems to be Jason Day with fellow Aussie Aaron Baddeley. The captains are scheduled to announce Thursday’s pairings on Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET.
Watch wall-to-wall coverage of the Presidents Cup live on Golf Channel beginning Monday at 6PM. Tournament air times: Golf Channel Wednesday 9PM-2AM, Thursday 7:30PM-2AM, Friday 3PM-2AM and Saturday 6:30PM-12:30AM. NBC coverage Saturday at 8AM and Sunday at noon. (Note: all times are ET)
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth