How telling are Prez Cup practice-round pairings?
- By Rex Hoggard
- Nov 15, 2011 7:04 PM ET
MELBOURNE, Australia – For those who read tea leaves, GTC gives you Wednesday’s practice round groups at the Presidents Cup:
Steve Stricker is playing with Tiger Woods (duh?), along with Dustin Johnson and Matt Kuchar, who sources say will play together in Thursday’s opening foursomes session.
David Toms, Hunter Mahan, Nick Watney and Bill Hass were also paired together; while Phil Mickelson, who spent about 15 minutes with captain Fred Couples talking over possible pairings before the practice round, Bubba Watson, Jim Furyk and Webb Simpson went off in the last group.
The only lock on the International side seems to be Jason Day with fellow Aussie Aaron Baddeley. The captains are scheduled to announce Thursday’s pairings on Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET.
Watch wall-to-wall coverage of the Presidents Cup live on Golf Channel beginning Monday at 6PM. Tournament air times: Golf Channel Wednesday 9PM-2AM, Thursday 7:30PM-2AM, Friday 3PM-2AM and Saturday 6:30PM-12:30AM. NBC coverage Saturday at 8AM and Sunday at noon. (Note: all times are ET)
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process