With two events remaining on the Web.com Tour schedule, the race for The 25 has never been tighter.
Doug LaBelle, who is No. 25 on the money list ($160,214), is just $620 ahead of No. 26 Paul Claxton. That’s it – $620. A missed short putt in Louisiana. A penalty stroke in Kansas. That deficit is equivalent to just a few strokes played out over the course of the season.
Both LaBelle and Claxton are in the field at this week’s Winn-Dixie Jacksonville Open, the penultimate event on the developmental circuit’s schedule. The top 25 players on the money list following next week’s Web.com Tour Championship earn PGA Tour cards for next season.
Next year, of course, the process won’t be quite so streamlined. Though the top 25 will still be guaranteed Tour cards, another 25 cards will be granted to players who earn the most money in the four-event Web.com Tour Finals.
The complete Web.com Tour money list can be found here.
Tags: Web.com Tour
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae