"At present, our aim is still to complete 72 holes, weather permitting," explained tournament director Jose Maria Zamora. "However, if we do suffer more delays we would then decide, in consultation with the sponsor and promoter, whether to reduce the tournament to 54 holes or complete the fourth round on Monday."
Thus far, event organizers have had to suspend play multiple times due to rain and lightning threats. When play was called for the day on Friday, more than half the field had yet to start their second round at Sentosa Golf Club.
The tournament faced similar weather issues a year ago. In 2011, inclement conditions reduced the event to 54 holes, but officials still required a Monday finish in order to see Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano prevail over Juvic Pagunsan in a two-hole playoff.
Tags: Barclays Singapore Open
On a marathon final day at the Barclays Singapore Open, Matteo Manassero holed a 15-foot eagle putt on the third playoff hole to win. Read More
Thomas Bjorn fired a second-round 67 Saturday and led by one shot when third-round play was suspended. Read More
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Colsaerts loses to G-Mac, takes bizarre drop | Results
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process