Reed Monday-qualifies for fourth time this year
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jun 18, 2012 9:36 PM ET
Patrick Reed has done it again. The Augusta State product got through Monday qualifying for the fourth time this season, earning a spot in this week's Travelers Championship.
Reed shot 7-under 65 at Gillette Ridge Golf Club in Bloomfield, Conn., to win the one-day tournament and earn a tee time on Thursday at TPC River Highlands.
The 21-year-old had previously played his way into the field at the Zurich Classic, Wells Fargo Championship and HP Byron Nelson Championship.
The run began, coincidentally, as Reed was attempting to Monday qualify for the Valero Texas Open. Tournament officials pulled Reed off the course, offering him a sponsor exemption.
Reed will make his sixth PGA Tour start of the year this week. He cashed in the first three, earning $116,205. He has missed the cut in the last two, however.
If Reed can earn another $295,738, he will have made as much money as No. 150 on last year's money list and qualify for special temporary membership. Reed could then accept unlimited sponsor exemptions to fill out a schedule of up to 12 PGA Tour events as a non-member.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots