Romo gives U.S. Open qualifying another shot
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Apr 17, 2012 10:03 AM ET
Tony Romo will again try to qualify for the U.S. Open. Filing under the first name “Antonio,” Romo submitted his entry to qualify for the field at Olympic Club, June 14-17.
The Dallas Cowboys quarterback will tee it up in a local qualifier on May 14 at Old American Golf Club, north of Dallas. If he gets past local qualifying, his sectional qualifier will be in Houston at Lakeside Country Club.
Two years ago, Romo advanced to sectional qualifying before pulling out during the weather-delayed event due to a conflict with football-related obligations. He shot 81 in local qualifying last year to fall short of reaching the 36-hole sectional qualifier.
Tags: US Open
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process