SUGAR GROVE, Ill. – There are rookie moments, then there are rookie moments.
From Cristie Kerr’s account, Michelle Wie had the ultimate rookie moment earlier this week when she got her hands on her red, white and blue Solheim Cup golf bag.
“The first thing you do when you come to Solheim Cup is you see your red, white and blue bag and you’re like, ‘I gotta switch my clubs over immediately’,” said Cristie Kerr, about to play in her fifth Solheim Cup.
“I think Michelle might have been the last person to do that because she’s like, ‘I’ve never had to do this before. I’ve never had to switch my clubs and my bag.’ She’s never had to do it herself. She’s always had people to do it for her.”
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into final round | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots