PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – Rory McIlroy may want to start wearing a name tag around the Bear’s Club.
McIlroy said he ran into Jack Nicklaus Tuesday at Nicklaus' club in Jupiter, near the Honda Classic, but Nicklaus didn’t recognize him.
“He didn’t have his glasses on,” McIlroy said.
McIlroy said the comical exchange went something like this:
Nicklaus: “Who is that? Who is that?”
McIlroy: “It’s me.”
Nicklaus is a McIlroy fan. Later Tuesday, Nicklaus told media he believed McIlroy would win “a lot of majors.”
McIlroy is the highest ranked player in the world at No. 2 in the Honda Classic field. McIlroy can displace Luke Donald as No. 1 with a victory this week.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- R. Palmer uses local knowledge in Colonial 62
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms Rory's BMW PGA opener
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation