Danny Lee is running out of options. The reigning U.S. Amateur champion is currently tied for 73rd at the Wyndham Championship, notable because the New Zealander is playing in his 12th and final Tour event this season unless he can cash a big check this week in North Carolina.
As a non-Tour member, Lee is limited to 12 starts unless he earns special temporary status. That will take about $500,000, which makes Q-School Lee’s next likely Tour start.
Lee does have some good vibes this week, however. Last year he tied for 20th in Greensboro before driving across the state to Pinehurst for that life-changing U.S. Amateur victory.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process