Danny Lee is running out of options. The reigning U.S. Amateur champion is currently tied for 73rd at the Wyndham Championship, notable because the New Zealander is playing in his 12th and final Tour event this season unless he can cash a big check this week in North Carolina.
As a non-Tour member, Lee is limited to 12 starts unless he earns special temporary status. That will take about $500,000, which makes Q-School Lee’s next likely Tour start.
Lee does have some good vibes this week, however. Last year he tied for 20th in Greensboro before driving across the state to Pinehurst for that life-changing U.S. Amateur victory.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play