Year-end OWGR: Rory No. 1, Schwartzel 14th, Olesen 50th
- By Ryan Lavner
- Dec 16, 2012 7:02 PM ET
In the final Official World Ranking of the season, released Sunday, Rory McIlroy retained the No. 1 spot, back-to-back winner Charl Schwartzel moved to 14th, and Thorbjorn Olesen earned a Masters berth by finishing the season ranked 50th.
The top 50 in the year-ending OWGR receive Masters invitations. That was good news for No. 49 George Coetzee and No. 50 Olesen, who narrowly finished inside the top 50 to ensure they will make their Masters debuts this April. Nos. 51-55 were Geoff Ogilvy, Shane Lowry, Henrik Stenson, Miguel Angel Jimenez and Marcus Fraser, respectively.
Schwartzel, who won in dominating fashion for the second consecutive week, moved to No. 14 in the world. Two weeks ago, before he won the Thailand Golf Championship by 11 strokes and the Alfred Dunhill Championship by a dozen, was ranked 27th.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots