Webb Simpson is at Kapalua this week with a new caddie.
No, the reigning U.S. Open champion hasn’t parted ways with Paul Tesori, one of the best loopers in the game. Tesori had shoulder surgery during the offseason and is not ready for the season-opening event.
Instead, Simpson has employed the services of Adam Hayes, who usually caddies for Jonathan Byrd, who will be sidelined until March because of left-wrist surgery.
Simpson tied for third last year in his first appearance at Kapalua, but he’ll be in good company with Hayes. Byrd has compiled a stellar record on the Plantation Course, winning in 2011 and finishing T-3 last year.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path