Webb Simpson is at Kapalua this week with a new caddie.
No, the reigning U.S. Open champion hasn’t parted ways with Paul Tesori, one of the best loopers in the game. Tesori had shoulder surgery during the offseason and is not ready for the season-opening event.
Instead, Simpson has employed the services of Adam Hayes, who usually caddies for Jonathan Byrd, who will be sidelined until March because of left-wrist surgery.
Simpson tied for third last year in his first appearance at Kapalua, but he’ll be in good company with Hayes. Byrd has compiled a stellar record on the Plantation Course, winning in 2011 and finishing T-3 last year.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds pick for 'flexibility'
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae