DORAL, Fla. – Some 3-over-par rounds are better than others. Consider Brandt Snedeker’s five-bogey, two-birdie card on Day 1 at the WGC-Cadillac Championship.
It was hardly the day’s worst round and not that far off Doral’s 72.66 scoring average. And, all things considered, something of a minor victory.
Snedeker began Thursday with a severe case of food poisoning and needed an IV before his round just to tee off. There was no word on what may have caused Snedeker’s illness.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch LPGA come down to finish
- LPGA SCORING: Korda in Mobile mix late in Round 4
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae captures Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play