In capturing the $10 million FedEx Cup, Snedeker joined an elite list of winners – Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Jim Furyk, Bill Haas – who claimed the biggest prize in golf. On Monday, Snedeker also joined the elite ranks in another way: the Official World Golf Ranking, moving from 19th to a career-best 10th in the world.
By virtue of his runner-up finish at East Lake, Justin Rose jumped from ninth to fifth (also a career best) in the world ranking.
The U.S. Ryder Cup team features 11 of the world’s top 20; the European squad has six players in the top 20.
Tags: Brandt Snedeker
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play