Snow forces suspension of play at WGC-Match Play
- By Rex Hoggard
- Feb 20, 2013 1:16 PM ET
MARANA, Ariz. – Play was halted at 11:07 a.m. (MT) at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship because of heavy snow.
None of the 32 first-round matches were completed when play was halted, although Jason Day was 6 up against Zach Johnson through 10 holes and Matt Kuchar was 3 upthrough 14 holes against Hiroyuki Fujita.
None of the top-seeded players had teed off.
As snow accumulated on the golf course officials planned to wait until 1 p.m. and re-evaluate the conditions.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia's comments | Singh, anchoring
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Fowler, Mahan to donate to tornado relief efforts
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Simpson wants bifurcation | Clark's take