Yani Tseng was the lone golfer to make Time's annual list of “The 100 Most Influential People in the World.” Friend and mentor Annika Sorenstam authored the brief piece about the current world No. 1 for the magazine.
On Thursday’s "Morning Drive,” Sorenstam discussed the opportunity to write about Tseng.
"I was honored when they asked me to write something," said Sorenstam. She added, "Just knowing her closely, I wanted to express my feelings, pump her a little bit. I think it's amazing to have a female golfer on that list."
Sorenstam explained why she feels Tseng deserves to be on the list.
"I think Yani right now is in a good spot for women's golf. Here's a young lady that is a terrific person. She's done a lot for the game," she said. "If you look from a global perspective, I think (Tseng) has influenced a lot of people."
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots