Spitzer to lead USGA's Research and Test Center
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 5, 2012 1:13 PM ET
John Spitzer will become the managing director of equipment standards for the U.S. Golf Association, effective Feb. 2, 2013, the organization announced Wednesday. Spitzer succeeds Dick Rugge, who recently announced his retirement.
During his 15-plus years with the USGA, Spitzer has been involved in the development of numerous equipment-related activities, such as limiting spring-like effect, indoor ball testing, limiting clubhead size, volume and moment of inertia and groove regulations.
Before the USGA, Spitzer spent eight years at Princeton’s Plasma Physics Laboratory, where he led the thermomechanical engineering branch.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots