Spitzer to lead USGA's Research and Test Center
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 5, 2012 1:13 PM ET
John Spitzer will become the managing director of equipment standards for the U.S. Golf Association, effective Feb. 2, 2013, the organization announced Wednesday. Spitzer succeeds Dick Rugge, who recently announced his retirement.
During his 15-plus years with the USGA, Spitzer has been involved in the development of numerous equipment-related activities, such as limiting spring-like effect, indoor ball testing, limiting clubhead size, volume and moment of inertia and groove regulations.
Before the USGA, Spitzer spent eight years at Princeton’s Plasma Physics Laboratory, where he led the thermomechanical engineering branch.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth