For sale: a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment with a drawing room, comfortable living area and arguably the best view in golf.
The property is adjacent the venerable 18th hole on the Old Course in St. Andrews, Scotland, and features some of the game’s most well-known neighbors, including the iconic Rusacks Hotel, Old Tom Morris’s Shop and the Royal & Ancient Clubhouse.
American golf writer George Peper and his wife have lived in the apartment for 30 years, or six Open Championships played on the Old Course for those keeping time in golf years. He wrote “St. Andrews Sojourn: Two Years at Home on the Old Course” and “True Links” from the apartment’s drawing room.
“All good things come to an end,” Peper wrote in an e-mail to GTC. “Besides, we’ve had a good run.”
The property goes on sale on Wednesday and the list price is 1.5 million pounds, or about $2.3 million. GTC is preparing a bid, we’re just hoping Peper is familiar with the term “professional-courtesy discount.”
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly