Still fatigued from malaria, Gulbis withdraws from Kia
- By Randall Mell
- Mar 21, 2013 2:22 PM ET
Gulbis, who contracted malaria while playing the Asian swing, cited continued fatigue, according to LPGA officials. She practiced this week in hopes of returning to the tour in Round 1 at Aviara Country Club in Carlsbad, Calif. Gulbis is hopeful she will be ready to return to action at the Kraft Nabisco Championship in two weeks.
Hannah Yun replaces Gulbis in the field.
James Walton’s tee shot at the par-3 17th stopped 4 ½ feet away from the hole on Wednesday to win the annual closet-to-the-pin caddie competition at TPC Sawgrass. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly