Still fatigued from malaria, Gulbis withdraws from Kia
- By Randall Mell
- Mar 21, 2013 2:22 PM ET
Gulbis, who contracted malaria while playing the Asian swing, cited continued fatigue, according to LPGA officials. She practiced this week in hopes of returning to the tour in Round 1 at Aviara Country Club in Carlsbad, Calif. Gulbis is hopeful she will be ready to return to action at the Kraft Nabisco Championship in two weeks.
Hannah Yun replaces Gulbis in the field.
James Walton’s tee shot at the par-3 17th stopped 4 ½ feet away from the hole on Wednesday to win the annual closet-to-the-pin caddie competition at TPC Sawgrass. Read More
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae