Swafford tops List, Janzen for first Nationwide win
- By Ryan Ballengee
- May 6, 2012 5:19 PM ET
Hudson Swafford became a first-time winner on the Nationwide Tour on Sunday, taking the Stadion Classic at his collegiate home course on the campus of the University of Georgia.
Swafford, who graduated from the school last year, holed a bunker shot at the final hole for the winning birdie. After an opening bogey, Swafford made 10 birdies, including three to close and six in the final eight holes to finish at 17 under par.
List, seeking his second consecutive win, bogeyed the final hole after hitting an errant tee shot to cost himself a chance at a playoff with Swafford. Billy Horschel finished alone in fourth.
Earning $99,000 for the victory, the rookie Swafford moved from 61st up to seventh on the Nationwide Tour money list.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- McDowell rises to No. 7 in OWGR; Bae 64th
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play