Isleworth takes lead in Tavistock Cup first day
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 19, 2012 9:29 PM ET
Led by the pairing of Sean O’Hair and Bo Van Pelt, Isleworth took first place in the team standings on the first day of the two-day Tavistock Cup at Lake Nona Golf & Country Club in Orlando, Fla.
O’Hair and Van Pelt were 13 under par in the better-ball competition, accounting for half of their team’s combined score of 26 under.
In second place was Lake Nona, at 24 under. Albany, which featured a Tiger Woods-Justin Rose pairing that went 9 under, was third at 23 under, six strokes ahead of Queenwood. Woods is a former resident of Isleworth.
Tuesday’s second round will consist of individual stroke play by each of the 24 players.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots