Pressel stood back in the fairway watching Brittany Lang and Brittany Lincicome close out the first point in the matches up on the green in front of her. Pressel applauded her teammates, then stuffed her iron shot to 3 feet, drawing more roars around the 14th hole.
When Wie nearly holed her bunker shot at the 14th, fans started singinging "Wieeeeeee . . . Wieeeeeeee."
One fan shouted "Wie to go."
Pressel holed her 3-footer for birdie to win her fourball team's third consecutive hole. The Wie-Pressel team just went birdie-birdie to go 1 up with two terrific iron shots on back-to-back holes. They're enjoying a huge momentum shift.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path