Moriya Jutanugarn continued her stellar play at LPGA Tour Q-School, firing a 3-under 69 Friday to extend the 18-year-old's lead to six shots.
Jutanugarn, a native of Thailand, stands at 13-under 203 with 36 holes remaining. She leads by six over Japan's Ayako Uehara, who matched Jutanugarn's 69 on Friday. The top 20 players in the field after 90 holes will earn their cards for next season on the LPGA Tour.
A pair of former LPGA winners remain in the hunt despite struggling on Friday. Two-time winner Christina Kim fell back with a 3-over 75 and will begin Saturday tied for 13th, 11 shots behind the leader. There she is joined by Laura Diaz, herself twice a winner on the LPGA Tour, who shot a 1-over 73 Friday.
Canadian Rebecca Lee-Bentham recorded the best round of the day at LPGA International, carding a 5-under 67 on the Legends Course. At 5-under 211 after three rounds, she shares third place with American Lacey Agnew, comfortably inside the projected cut-off point for qualification.
While many players remain in contention for one of the coveted spots among the top 20 at week's end, prospects appear bleak for a pair of notable players. Former U.S. Women's Open champion Birdie Kim and former European Solheim Cup member Melissa Reid both failed to make up ground Friday and will begin the fourth round tied for 95th at 10-over 226, 11 shots behind the projected score needed to qualify.
Chella Choi shot her second straight 6-under 66 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead over Jessica Korda and Anna Nordqvist, the Swede who broke the course record with an 11-under 61 in the third roun... Read More
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- McDowell rises to No. 7 in OWGR; Bae 64th
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play