ATLANTA - Geoff Ogilvy and Y.E. Yang teed off first on Saturday, shot 64 and 66, respectively, and finished their rounds in 3 hours, 20 minutes.
"That's the pace we should play golf," Ogilvy said.
Sadly, not all of Ogilvy's stablemates subscribe to the same philosophy. Hunter Mahan and Marc Leishman teed off 10 minutes behind Ogilvy and finished more than 45 minutes behind the speedy twosome.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose