CHASKA, Minn. – Paul Casey arrived on Hazeltine National’s practice range just past 4 p.m. (CT) and promptly started working with swing coach Peter Kostis.
Although the Englishman showed no signs of the muscle injury that sent him to the DL just six holes into last week’s WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, Kostis said he wasn’t sure what to expect from his star pupil this week.
Casey has been icing the rib injury since his withdrawal last Thursday and his manager Guy Kinnings with IMG said Casey plans to play a practice round at Hazeltine National on Wednesday before he makes a decision whether or not he can play.
The alternates for the PGA Championship should start taking notice of their positions, however. Word from the PGA was Michael Letzig asked to be taken off the alternate list on Tuesday, no reason was given, and Tim Petrovic moved atop the list.
Although we didn’t see Petrovic on property, we’re guessing he won’t stray far from “Glory’s Last Shot” given the traditional complications that arise from rib injuries.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Byron Nelson final round
- SCORING: Wind howling at Nelson | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play