The Thunderbirds, hosts of the FBR Open on the PGA Tour, will be handing over nearly $4.3 million dollars to charity as a result of their combined efforts in mounting the 2009 event. FBR has been sponsor since 2003, and in that time they have worked with the ’Birds to raise almost $38 million for Arizona charities. The total charity take for the tournament’s history, back to the Phoenix Open days, amounts to about $66 million.
Next year’s FBR, the 75th playing of the event, is scheduled for the week of February 22.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process