Thompson featured in Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14
- By Randall Mell
- Nov 16, 2012 3:04 PM ET
NAPLES, Fla. – Lexi Thompson’s in the game.
Thompson, the 17-year-old rookie, will become just the second LPGA professional to have her swing and likeness generated in Tiger Woods’ video game. She will be featured in Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14.
Thompson spent three hours in August with EA Sports technicians. She was wired up in a sensor-covered body suit so everything from her swing and walk and other movements could be recorded.
“It’s an honor,” Thompson said after the second round of the CME Group Title. “I always wanted to be in a video game.
“I will definitely be getting that game to play as myself. I will probably do a few bad shots, just to see how I react.”
Thompson, who won an LPGA event as a 16-year-old last year, said EA Sports even recorded frustration.
“I had to do anger [after a bad shot],” Thompson said. “It wasn’t like slam my club anger. It was more like a sigh.”
Healthy for the first time in years, Notah Begay III finally was on the winning side in his signature charity event, and it felt so very good. Read More
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth