Every year Punxsutawney Phil rolls out of bed and we drag him out of his hole and make him look for his shadow.
Today he looked but didn't see one – great news for snow-stricken citizens.
Last week, Tiger was nudged from his hole and looking for a shadow of his former self. He too came up empty, and that's bad news for golf enthusiasts.
I've always thought it was a lock he'd find it again, but now it seems like six more weeks of frigid, cold Tiger is a distinct possibility.
The good news is that unlike Punxsutawney Phil, Tiger doesn't have to wait another year to come from the hole and search again for that shadow.
In the meantime, we wait and watch guys like Watson and Vegas; guys who have no reason, at all, to hide.
One of Golf Channel's originals, Kann has been part of Golf Channel's on-air team since 1995.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots