Final-round TOC coverage begins at noon ET Tues.
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 7, 2013 5:31 PM ET
The PGA Tour intentionally moved the season-opening Hyundai Tournament of Champions to a Monday finish to avoid conflicting with the NFL playoffs and BCS National Championship Game.
Finally under way at Kapalua after three days of harsh winds and false starts, that is no longer an issue.
Assuming a one-tee start with the final group teeing off at 2:20 p.m. ET, final-round coverage of the weather-plagued season opener will begin with Golf Central Pregame at noon ET Tuesday. Live coverage will be broadcast from 1-6 p.m., with Golf Central immediately following the conclusion of play. A re-air of the final round will begin at 6:30 p.m.
According to The Associated Press, television and operational equipment can only be transported to Oahu, site of this week’s Sony Open, via a 16-hour barge trip. That means the opening round of the first full-field event of the season will have limited TV production.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose