In a year when absolutely nothing went according to plan in professional golf, some players seemingly came from out of thin air to become household names, and some household names became superstars.
In this edition of our Top 10s of 2012, we look back on the breakout players of the past 12 months, including Brandt Snedeker's run to the $10 million FedEx Cup prize, Stacy Lewis dethroning Yani Tseng and taking LPGA Player of the Year honors and several other incredible stories that no one saw coming this season. (Click here to view or on image below.)
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process