CARMEL, Ind. – Vijay Singh’s Sunday began with a chance to win the BMW Championship.
With three bogeys over his final five holes, Singh didn’t just squander a chance to win at Crooked Stick.
He squandered a spot in the Tour Championship.
Singh, tied for the 54-hole lead at the BMW, wasn’t alone watching a trip to East Lake in Atlanta for the playoff finale escape his grip.
Bill Haas and Kyle Stanley were among the top 30 in FedEx Cup points entering the BMW Championship. The top 30 advance to the Tour Championship. They both fell out of the top 30 with bogeys at the last hole Sunday at Crooked Stick.
Haas, who won last year’s Tour Championship and FedEx Cup, stumbled home with four bogeys over the final five holes. He keeps the FedEx Cup champ jinx alive. No FedEx Cup champion has returned to the Tour Championship the year after winning the FedEx Cup.
Stanley finished 31st in FedEx Cup points, Haas to 32nd.
Robert Garrigus and Ryan Moore moved into the top 30 to win trips to East Lake. Garrigus jumped from 31st in points to 20th by tying for fourth at Crooked Stick. Moore jumped from 35th in points to 28th tying for 10th at the BMW. Singh started the week way back at 49th in FedEx Cup points, but he had cracked the top-30 projection going into Sunday. He couldn't hold it with his struggles coming home.
Tags: Tour Championship
Dustin Johnson and Zach Johnson have withdrawn from this week's European Tour event in South Korea because of 'perceived unrest.' Read More
World Golf Hall-of-Famer Lanny Wadkins returns to the broadcast booth full time this week as lead analyst for Golf Channel's Champions Tour coverage. Read More
Click here for the first- and second-round tee times for the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship, where Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods will make their 2013 debuts. Read More
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots