Tour to announce year-end awards Tuesday
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 3, 2012 11:36 AM ET
The PGA Tour will announce its year-end awards in a teleconference at 9:15 a.m. ET Tuesday.
Players were nominated by the PGA Tour Player Directors and members of the Player Advisory Council (PAC). The awards are determined by a member vote, and the balloting process ended on Nov. 30.
Rory McIlroy, who won four times (including the PGA Championship) and had six other top 10s on Tour in 2012, is likely to be named Player of the Year. Tiger Woods, Brandt Snedeker, Jason Dufner and Bubba Watson are also finalists for the Jack Nicklaus Award.
John Huh, who earned his Tour card at the 2011 Q-School, is the favorite to win the Rookie of the Year award, after a freshman campaign that saw the 22-year-old win once (Mayakoba) and post three other top 10s. He also was the only rookie to advance to the Tour Championship. The other nominees are Charlie Beljan, Jonas Blixt, Bud Cauley and Ted Potter Jr.
Tags: PGA Tour
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process