Tour to announce year-end awards Tuesday
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 3, 2012 11:36 AM ET
The PGA Tour will announce its year-end awards in a teleconference at 9:15 a.m. ET Tuesday.
Players were nominated by the PGA Tour Player Directors and members of the Player Advisory Council (PAC). The awards are determined by a member vote, and the balloting process ended on Nov. 30.
Rory McIlroy, who won four times (including the PGA Championship) and had six other top 10s on Tour in 2012, is likely to be named Player of the Year. Tiger Woods, Brandt Snedeker, Jason Dufner and Bubba Watson are also finalists for the Jack Nicklaus Award.
John Huh, who earned his Tour card at the 2011 Q-School, is the favorite to win the Rookie of the Year award, after a freshman campaign that saw the 22-year-old win once (Mayakoba) and post three other top 10s. He also was the only rookie to advance to the Tour Championship. The other nominees are Charlie Beljan, Jonas Blixt, Bud Cauley and Ted Potter Jr.
Tags: PGA Tour
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots