Tour to announce year-end awards Tuesday
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Dec 3, 2012 11:36 AM ET
The PGA Tour will announce its year-end awards in a teleconference at 9:15 a.m. ET Tuesday.
Players were nominated by the PGA Tour Player Directors and members of the Player Advisory Council (PAC). The awards are determined by a member vote, and the balloting process ended on Nov. 30.
Rory McIlroy, who won four times (including the PGA Championship) and had six other top 10s on Tour in 2012, is likely to be named Player of the Year. Tiger Woods, Brandt Snedeker, Jason Dufner and Bubba Watson are also finalists for the Jack Nicklaus Award.
John Huh, who earned his Tour card at the 2011 Q-School, is the favorite to win the Rookie of the Year award, after a freshman campaign that saw the 22-year-old win once (Mayakoba) and post three other top 10s. He also was the only rookie to advance to the Tour Championship. The other nominees are Charlie Beljan, Jonas Blixt, Bud Cauley and Ted Potter Jr.
Tags: PGA Tour
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae