Lewis: Tseng 'coming after me now' for No. 1
- By Randall Mell
- Mar 20, 2013 1:29 PM ET
Lewis ended Tseng’s 109-week run at No. 1 by winning the RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup Sunday in Phoenix.
“The coolest one I think is the one I got from Yani,” Lewis said. “I know she may have said that she wanted to lose that spot to kind of help her, but I know she didn't want to lose No. 1, and she was just very nice to me, and congratulatory, ‘You played awesome,’ and kind of added at the end that she was coming after me now and to watch out. We kind of have a cool relationship built over the last few years and I think it's something that's going to continue.”
Yani Tseng is the defending champ at this week's Kia Classic, but she won't be able to defend. She was withdrawn from the tournament after missing her pro-am tee time Wednesday. Tseng issued a statement saying she felt ill Tuesday night and that she regrets missing her pro-am tee time. Lewis is in this week's field.
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae