The golf world uses Twitter to share news and offer a glimpse into players’ lives and thoughts. Here are the best tweets from the past 24 hours.
You can nominate your favorites from the day as well by re-tweeting the best 140-character dispatches with the hashtag #GCTOTD.
Let's start with Melissa Reid, who won in her first start since her mother died because of injuries resulting from a car crash four weeks ago.
@melreidgolf With @Polly12Pockets @FlicJohnsonGolf @vikkilaing @SophWalks having a beer! That was for you mum :) #joy http://t.co/asgqaWCT
The kudos poured in for Reid, particularly from European-born players like Sophie Gustafson.
@SophieGustafson What a fantastic win by @melreidgolf Well done you legend!!
Brittany Lang became the first Duke University golfer to win on the LPGA Tour, taking the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic in a playoff.
Danny Willett won his first European Tour title in a four-hole playoff over Marcus Fraser at the BMW International Open. Last year's champion, Pablo Larrazabal, did so in a five-hole playoff over Sergio Garcia.
@plarrazabal Congratulations to Danny Willet... He win it my way... Heheheh... Well done my friend...
Fraser shares the same coach with Marc Leishman, who won his first PGA Tour title at the Travelers Championship.
Hunter Mahan went low on Sunday, shooting a 9-under 61 to rocket up the leaderboard at TPC River Highlands.
@HunterMahan Golf is a strange game, struggle for three days then the flood gates open!
Meanwhile, John Peterson's life has changed.
@JohnPetersonLSU 3 weeks ago I was worrying about how I was gonna pay my mortgage. Today, I am waking up in DC playing a corporate outing. #countingblessings
Meredith Duncan fell in love in Canada.
@Meredith_Duncan I'm happy to say I met the man of my dreams in Canada this week. His name is Tim and he makes me coffee every morning. Tim Hortons. I <3 you
Keegan Bradley is playing in the Irish Open this week and fighting jet lag.
@Keegan_Bradley I'm here in N Ireland. All settled in! Heading up to the course soon. Can't get enough caffein. #slainte http://t.co/qSTnN5RB
Finally, Geoff Ogilvy's mustache is gone.
@JULIOGILVY No more Mo :((( http://t.co/5YdUyXRQ
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots