The golf world uses Twitter to share news and offer a glimpse into players’ lives and thoughts. In a new daily, GolfTalkCentral feature, we will offer up the best tweets from the past 24 hours.
You can nominate your favorites from the day as well by re-tweeting the best 140-character dispatches with the hashtag #GCTOTD.
Our Friday edition has an LPGA focus, as the tour holds the Kia Classic – the last event before the year’s first major at the Kraft Nabisco Championship.
Having the shot of the day isn’t always indicative of one’s best round.
The same goes for the number of caddies a player has employed in a week.
@tiffjoh Just went through my 3rd caddy of the week? Who will be lucky number 4????
Joh struggled to 9-over 81 on the first day at La Costa.
Twitter is typically a happy plac, but, as Gavin Coles shared yesterday, not always.
@angryant1910 Another shocking day with the putter, this game can really get you down. At a point where I do not want to be out there right now.
Pros may be trying to beat each other every week, but players can put that on hold for a good food recommendation.
When inclement weather stops play, like the wind has in Morocco for the Trophee Hassan II, pros have to find a way to kill the time.
@Chris3Wood In the Physio truck waiting for this wind to go listening to jethro on the iPod!!! #densilpemberthy
- SCORING: Crowne Plaza | Sr. PGA Championship
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Cochran, Perry co-lead Sr. PGA after Day 2 | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots