Twitter handles debut on caddie bibs at Wegmans LPGA
- By Randall Mell
- Jun 6, 2012 11:19 AM ET
PITTSFORD, N.Y. – The LPGA’s social media connection ratchets up this week at the Wegmans LPGA Championship.
In Wednesday’s pro-am, the tour unveiled its new caddie bibs, featuring the handles of every player who has a Twitter account.
“It’s about time,” Suzann Pettersen said. “It’s almost so simple . . . Why someone hasn’t come up with that before.”
Pettersen said this Tuesday, on the eve of the bib debut. When her pro-am starting time arrived Wednesday morning, the idea might not have seemed so simple. Her name was misspelled by local tournament staff as Petterson. The mistake is being corrected before Thursday’s start.
Note: Coverage of the Wegmans LPGA Championship can be seen on Golf Channel Thursday-Friday from noon-2:30 p.m. ET and Saturday-Sunday from 2-7 p.m. ET.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path