Wizards of Oz: Two aces from Aussies at Australian PGA
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Nov 25, 2011 10:02 AM ET
On consecutive days at the par-3 second hole at the Hyatt Regency Coolum, Greg Chalmers and John Senden made an ace.
The Aussie Open champion Chalmers did so on Thursday at the 173-yard hole to a middle-left pin location. A day later, his fellow countryman Senden made a hole-in-one with the hole tucked in the back-right portion of the green.
The lone player not to make an ace in the group over the first two days was Bubba Watson, who sits in second place behind Marcus Fraser. The difference between Watson and Fraser is two shots, or what a hole-in-one would do for the American's scorecard.
Senden is T-4 on 7 under, while Chalmers is seven back of the lead on 4 under.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots