Maybe it was too many thoughts of winning that led to two balls in the same hazard, which was ultimately too bad for him, too costly in the wallet and too tough for fans to swallow. That is, if you too, were hoping for the next Boo Weekley come lately.
In sports there’s nothing better than the underdog or the folk hero. Gainey qualifies as one of those, for sure, and would qualify as the other too if "Two Gloves" had decided not to be too aggressive.
Unlike Wilson, Tommy might not get two wins in a career, let alone in a month. But count me as one guy who really hopes he gets one, and it can’t come too soon.
One of Golf Channel's originals, Kann has been part of Golf Channel's on-air team since 1995.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots