SUGAR GROVE, Ill. – It’s early in the afternoon foursomes but the U.S. has the momentum.
Natalie Gulbis and Christina Kim, who both sat in the morning, came out firing with birdies on three of the first six holes and are 2 up through nine over Suzann Petterson and Sophie Gustafson. Europeans Becky Brewerton and Gwladys Nocera are leading the struggling duo of Nicole Castrale and Angela Stanford 2 up after seven holes. The third match is squared between Maria Hjorth-Anna Nordqvist and Brittany Lincicome-Kristy McPherson after six holes. Americans Paula Creamer and Juli Inkster are 1 over after five holes but lead 2 up against Catriona Matthew and Janice Moodie.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer fires 62, grabs early Colonial lead | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots