USGA unveils U.S. Open sectional qualifying sites
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 4, 2013 12:05 PM ET
The U.S. Golf Association on Monday announced the 13 sectional qualifying sites for this year’s U.S. Open.
For the ninth consecutive year, England (Walton Heath) and Japan (Ohtone Country Club) will host international qualifying, which is scheduled for May 27. The other 11 sites in the U.S. will host qualifying on June 3. (Tune into Golf Channel June 3 for complete coverage of "Golf's Longest Day" and use the hashtag #GolfsLongestDay to keep in touch via social media.)
Online player registration for the U.S. Open, to be held at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa., begins Monday and continues through April 24 at 5 p.m. Visit this site for more information.
Local qualifying, played over 18 holes at 111 sites in the States, will be held on May 3-16.
Here are the 11 sectional qualifying sites in the U.S.:
Big Canyon Country Club & Newport Beach Country Club, Newport Beach, Calif.
Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club, Bradenton, Fla.
Hawks Ridge Golf Club, Ball Ground, Ga.
Woodmont Country Club, Rockville, Md.
Old Warson Country Club, St. Louis, Mo.
Old Oaks Country Club & Century Country Club, Purchase, N.Y.
Brookside Golf & Country Club & The Lakes Golf & Country Club, Columbus, Ohio
Springfield Country Club, Springfield, Ohio
Colonial Country Club, Memphis, Tenn.
Lakewood Country Club, Dallas, Texas
Tumble Creek Golf Club, Cle Elum, Wash.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path